Handcrafted in Colorado
WE ARE HIRING
Haystack Mountain Creamery is GROWING! We are an award-winning artisanal cheese company located in Longmont, Colorado. Jackie Chang is our Head Cheesemaker and has received 80 awards over the last 18 years including the “Best Cheese in America” at the 2017 World Cheese Awards in London. She is excited to expand the team and share her expansive knowledge with our new Cheesemaker.
Locally owned and operated since 1989, we produce an internationally recognized, premium selection of handcrafted raw and pasteurized cheeses. Our cheeses exhibit exceptionally fresh, clean flavors and textures—a direct result of the pure, high-quality goat and cow’s milk and the skill of our team.
Haystack Mountain Creamery is seeking a full-time, long-term employee. The preferred applicant has a passion for cheese making and a desire to do all tasks necessary to make excellent cheese in an artisanal environment.
Haystack has a history of making fine cheeses for over 30 years where all respect and entitlements are earned through hard work and success. Experience in making Cheddars, Jacks and bloomy rind cheeses in an artisanal environment is a plus.
The Cheese Worker will take part in a fun and engaging training program focused on exposing them to all steps in the cheesemaking process. Additionally, they will work closely with our Head Cheesemaker, Jackie Chang, to learn the skills of making each of our cheese varietals. This program will ensure they take part in every step of the process, while learning how to make cheese from one of the top artisans in the country.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
Ability to execute the following:
· Assist the Cheesemakers and Cheese Apprentices to ensure a smooth and enjoyable working atmosphere
· Understand and follow SSOP processes for each cheese make
· Prepare ingredients and record lot numbers on make sheets
· Complete cleaning records, lab records, and any other assigned documents
· Record pH, temperature, moisture on product to control the process
· Assist with cleaning of all pipes, hoses, pumps, vats and any equipment used
· Work with the quality team to ensure all procedures, GMPs, safety, quality, sanitation plans and samples are collected and provided for Quality Assurance, as needed.
· Produce delicious, mouthwatering cheeses!
· Flexible work schedule
· 18 years or older
· Pay attention to detail and has excellent organizational skills
· Works independently and in small groups
· Can perform basic math skills
· Effectively communicates and actively listens
· Aspires to produce quality work at a swift pace
· Can multitask in a fast-paced environment
· Has a willing attitude to learn and grow
Essential Physical Requirements
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Compensation & Benefits
· Pay range: $14 – $19 per hour
· Starting Date: Position to start ASAP
Paid time off
Health savings account
Opportunity for growth and additional responsibility based on performance and aptitude.